With the weather getting a wee bit chilly here in Melbourne, I’m finding myself stuck inside and getting a little restless.
So as we all bunker down for Winter I’ve searched high and low for some of my favourite Winter DIY projects! Little projects that will keep you busy but will also keep you and your house warm and cheery over these cooler months!
1. Pom Pom Throw Blanket – I’m in love with all things Pom Pom at the moment and this throw just looks soooo warm and snuggly! I probably wouldn’t choose pink, but that’s the best thing about DIY, just make it in the colours you like!
2. Timber Candle Holder – Now I saw this wedding photo that included this amazing timber candle holder table centrepiece and I knew it would be an easy DIY project. Sure enough when I googled it someone had already made a tutorial to show you how it’s done! I think all those glowing candles would surely warm up your dinner tables this year!
3. Vanity Trays – These cute little trays can brighten up your house and be super practical as well! I’m thinking they’d make a great key & knick knack tray by the front door, or perhaps a jewellery holder on my bedside table.
4. Mittens – Who hasn’t got an old winter wooly lying around the place somewhere? Give it a new life by making some super warm and snuggly mittens to keep your hands warm this winter!
5. Mini Tassel Garland – I’ve been looking for something to hang above our TV in our lounge room that will brighten up the room and fill an otherwise blank wall! This garland is super easy to make and will do the job just right!